“Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (22 – 28 Sep. 2011)
Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) Continue Systematic Attacks against Palestinian Civilians and Property in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT)
· A Palestinian civilian was killed and another 7 ones, including a child, were wounded by IOF in Qasra village, southeast of Nablus.
· IOF continued to attack Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Strip.
· OF continued to use force against peaceful protests in the West Bank.
- 18 Palestinian civilians, including 6 children, and a French human rights defender were wounded.
· IOF conducted 36 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
- IOF arrested 4 Palestinians, including a member of the Palestinian Legislative Council.
· Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the OPT and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
· IOF have continued settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
- IOF approved the construction of 1,100 housing units in “Gilo” settlement, south of occupied Jerusalem.
- IOF confiscated 148 dunums of land in Battir village, west of Bethlehem.
- Israeli settlers burnt 590 trees.
- Israeli settlers placed racist banners against Palestinians on the main roads in the West Bank.
Israeli violations of international law and humanitarian law in the OPT continued during the reporting period (22 – 28 September 2011):
During the reporting period, IOF killed a Palestinian civilian and wounded 25 others, including 7 children, and a French human rights defender in the West Bank.
On 23 September 2011, IOF killed a Palestinian civilian and wounded another 7 ones, including a child, when they moved into Qasra village, southeast of Nablus, to provide protection to a group of Israeli settlers who raided Palestinian lands in the village
During the reporting period, IOF used excessive force to disperse peaceful demonstrations organized in protest to Israeli settlement activities and the construction of the annexation wall in the West Bank. As a result, 18 Palestinian civilians, including 6 children, and a French human rights defender were wounded and dozens of Palestinian civilians and international human rights defenders suffered from tear gas inhalation.
In the Gaza Strip, Israeli gunboats opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats in the Gaza Strip. No fishermen were hurt, but Israeli naval troops confiscated and damaged some fishing nets.
During the reporting period, IOF conducted at least 36 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, during which they arrested 4 Palestinian civilians, including a member of the Palestinian Legislative Council who was arrested by an undercover unit from the yard of the ICRC office in Jerusalem.
Restrictions on Movement:
Israel had continued to impose a tightened siege on the OPT and imposed severe restrictions on the movement of Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including occupied East Jerusalem.
The full report is available online at: